In Central Park on Sunday I stumbled upon a real life game of Quidditch, complete with a Golden Snitch! Apologies to the broom-riding players for my shameless gawking. I had no idea this sport was, well, a sport. Plenty of Harry Potter talk later and who should I see when I turn on the television ... Emma Watson (aka Hermione) working the carpet at the MTV Movie Awards. Thanks to the makeup wizardry of Roz Music and Lancôme, her "fairytale-with-a-little-edge" look hit the perfect note, and you can get everything you need to re-create it right here.
Putting all the focus on Emma's gorge brown eyes, celeb makeup artist Roz Magic says she was inspired by the jacaranda trees blooming in Los Angeles when creating this look. In my opinion, the fierce meets fresh makeup perfectly complemented the starlet's structured Brood minidress, making a striking statement as she accepted the award for Best Cast on behalf of her Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Co-stars. Follow these steps to get an award-winning look of your own!
Face & Eyes:
- Use Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation for a flawless complexion that can stand up to the heat and the spotlight.
- Add the slightest flush on the apples of the cheeks with Blush Subtil in Soft Pink.
- With the Mint Jolie All-in-One Eye Brightening Palette apply a wash of ivory on the eye, and then layer the lightest green shade on the lid and along the lower lashes.
- Blend soft brown shadow into the crease.
- Highlight the inner corner of the eye with the shimmering golden shade and blend along the lower lashes.
- Now draw on the drama, applying Black Fishnets Gel Liner along the upper lashes. To get the same effect as Emma, use the Dual-End Liner Brush to create a thin, precise line starting at the inner corner of the eye and build the thickness of the liner as you work toward the outer corner.
- Finish with a flirty fringe from the prefect duo - Le Curler and loads of Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara in So Black!
- Pair brilliant scene-stealing eyes with matte nude lips using Lasting Kiss Rouge in Love Lipcolor.