1. SET A PRICE POINT
Not everyone’s in the same financial situation, so it’s smart to set a maximum spending limit, or set a range to work within, such as $10-$20, or under $25. This way no one is leaving with a bag of candy when you brought diamond earrings. Win-win for all.
2. HAVE A THEME
Themes will help guide you when shopping for a gift, especially when you’re not shopping for a specific person. Just make sure to keep it broad enough so the gifts aren’t so obvious and everyone still has a little room to get creative!
3. ESTABLISH THE GROUND RULES
· If someone steals your gift, you can steal someone else’s gift or choose and open a wrapped one
· A gift can only be stolen twice
· A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the player who just stole it
· Continue until everyone has had a turn for a gift
4. SERVE AN INDULGENT MENU OF BITE-SIZE SNACKS
You don’t need to host a full on dinner party, rather serve small bites that you can eat with one hand to leave the other free for the swap. An easy cheese plate, an assortment of your fave sweet treats and pretty champagne flutes go a long way!
Whatever the outcome, just make sure to have fun! ‘Tis the most wonderful time of year after all! And who better to spend it with than your closest girlfriends. Need a few gift ideas under $25? Check out our picks below!