Petite may be a fancy, French way to say little, but even if you’re 5’4” and under, there’s nothing diminutive about your sense of style. And if you’ve found that shopping for the right fit and silhouette can sometimes be a tall order, look no further than these easy-to-follow wardrobe tips. From plunging necklines to florals prints, we’ve got the proof that good things do indeed come in small packages…
1. Avoid low-rise pants. True story: The higher the waistline, the longer your legs look. Stand tall and pretty in Calvin Klein’s chic, white pants.
2. Flatter your figure with a deep neckline. A V-neckline, like the top of this colorful Lauren Ralph Lauren dress, elongates the torso in fine fashion.
3. Keep hemlines above the knee. Don’t hide those gams. Flaunting a short hemline will create a leaner silhouette. This mod-inspired skirt by MICHAEL Michael Kors is just the right length and super cute, too boot. I’m telling you. Legs. For. Days.
4. Consider neutral prints. Brightly-colored prints can overwhelm a petite frame. Instead, try a more muted pattern like the one found here on INC International Concepts’ empire-waist maxi dress.
5. And when all else fails… sky-high heels are your best friends!