The calendar says summer is here, and that means it’s time for a beauty update too. While I haven’t tested all the new collections yet, I’ve already found 10 perfect products to help kickoff the season in style. Oh, and one amazing, amazing case with room to hold everything – seriously!
Let’s talk color first, because who doesn’t love a little summer prep pick-me-up! From bronzed cheeks and shimmering eyes to gorgeously glossy lips, here are the 10 products (pictured above) that will help you look stunning all summer long.
1. Bobbi Brown Face & Body Bronzing Duo – A mega-sized compact with two shades of bronzer and a mirror big enough to use for all your makeup application.
2. Estee Lauder Cheek Rush – I associate the best sun-filled days with flushed cheeks, and this gel color seriously delivers. The smallest amount blended on your fingertip and tapped on the apples of your cheeks leaves a sheer stain of color. I love it, but you’ll want to be sure you can wash your hands or your tips will look rosy too!
3. Bobbi Brown Nude Beach Collection Shadow Sticks – Smudge the darker shade (Golden Bronze) along your lash line and use Sunlit Gold at the very inner corner of the eyes.
4. Laura Mercier Creme Eye Liner – Cobalt seems to be the “it” color of summer and this is gorgeous for adding a little pop of color under the eyes. Canard is the other shade I recommend wearing from summer straight through fall.
5. Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour – Such a gorgeous shadow. Fire Glow is my go-to shade for evening and makes blue eyes look crazy good.
6. Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara – When it’s time to hit the beach, this mascara is a must.
7. Lancome Aqua Le Curler – You may not need another eyelash curler, but this one’s aqua … That makes it all okay, right? At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
8. Lancome Lipshine – The Shine-Reflect technology in these glosses gives them the sparkle you want without any of the glittery ick you don’t. Flushed Rose shimmers in a way that reminds me of the sun shining down on the sand.
9. Bobbi Brown Tube Tint – Pink Cloud is just so girly! And Air Kiss is a perfect pinky nude.
10. Elizabeth Arden Luminous Lip Gloss – Genius. That’s the only way to describe a gloss that has a mirror built right in! All that time searching for a compact or mirror in your bag can now be spent having more fun in the sun! Precious Petal is pictured, but Passion Fruit is the shade I’m obsessing over.
And speaking of obsessing, I’ve been waiting for the Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio since last May! It’s only available for a limited time and, you guessed it, they were gone before I could get my hands on one. This year I was ready but had no idea just how happy a perfectly planned out travel case could make me. Really. I’ve even decided it’s going to take another post to share all the reasons you’ll LOVE this piece too. For now, know that it can easily hold all 10 of these beauties, and most important, it will make packing for all your undoubtedly fab summer plans effortless.
See you at the beach! xx